Slightly more expensive shop than usual. My husband wanted to make something fun for Valentine’s Day dinner so I took advantage of the holiday specials.
- 2 grass-fed strip steaks ($13.57) I don’t think I’ve bought steak at Aldi before but I generally like their beef so I have high hopes.
- Jumbo scallops ($9.99) I’ve bought these before and they are always good. This time the bag isn’t vacuum sealed like it’s been in the past but the scallops look the same.
- 3 bags of spinach ($1.19) and some half and half (1.55/quart) to make creamed spinach
- Brick cream cheese (65¢) is such a deal at Aldi! It was $2.99 at Safeway last I looked. My mom wants me to make a red velvet cake for her and my dad’s anniversary this weekend. Fingers crossed she’s out of the hospital and up for it! I also picked up some vanilla ($3.65).
- Some easy stuff for dinners–raw peeled frozen shrimp ($5.49), new-to-me shrimp and crab ravioli (frozen, 20oz $3.99) and pesto ($2.19).
- The return of cara cara oranges ($2.99)
- Haribo (95¢) and those cocoa dusted truffles I resisted at Christmas time ($2.99)
- Belgian chocolate chunks ($2.49). Haven’t seen these before! They had dark chocolate and semi sweet.
$95.24 for 32 items for an average of $2.97 an item. Not bad for a shop where I had so many bigger ticket items. Not too many vegetables but I have a lot here at home already.