I’m trying very hard not to have to do another big grocery shop until after Thanksgiving. I also braved Trader Joe’s today so I’m exhausted.
- I’m bringing deviled eggs to Thanksgiving so I bought two dozen and then came home to realize I already had 2 full dozen at home. Eggs for everyone!
- Set of two fliplock containers ($4.99) seem like dupes for the OXO pop up containers. Each one looks small but holds a little over 7 cups.
- Brioche hot dogs buns ($2.99). Probably just for hot dogs but they’d be great for a lobster or shrimp roll.
- It was cheaper to get 10 lbs of potatoes ($2.49) than to get 5 lbs this week.
- Generic Rice Chex for $1.79. You really can’t beat their cereal prices. I think I’m going to make muddy buddies of some sort because I literally have a case of confectioners sugar to use up.
- Lots of broth to make soup. $1.19-1.49. I’m not making soup using bone-in meat and I’m out of homemade stock.
- $1.99 peppermint extract. Only available in the winter, their non-vanilla extracts are a great deal.
- Still love the under $1 onion dip. I have some horseradish chips from Trader Joe’s that I think are destined for this dip.
- Bought stewed tomatoes at the last minute. Not sure what that’s about but they were only 45¢. (UPDATE: made this with the tomatoes)
- Salted caramel chips. I’m intrigued. For $1.69, why not try them out?
- Coleslaw mix (to use as shredded cabbage) for $1.49 and a salad mix for $2.89 so I don’t have to make a vegetable one night.
- $1.69 Colby Jack cheese to hide the dog’s pills in.
- 75¢ for a big bunch of green onions is still the best deal in town. A local supermarket just lowered their price to $1/shoot which would make this package about $8 worth of green onion.
- $3.89 Carr Valley Mobay Cheese (half goat, half cow separated by grape vine ash)
I spent a little more than expected but not bad! I think I have dinner at least through next Friday? Maybe longer? $81.16 for 35 items so $2.31/item. I also wanted to get a small fresh turkey and didn’t get one. They had them but they were in the big freezer bins for some reason and partially frozen.