It’s the day after Valentine’s Day and the leftover holiday items were marked down already. I was hoping for cut-rate York Peppermint Patties (Hershey products were under $1.50 per bag) but I don’t think they sold any this year. I didn’t go to either of my usual Aldis because I had to go to Costco. This one is much bigger and has a larger selection (and a lot of clearance items) but doesn’t refrigerate most produce. I find the lack of refrigerated produce odd because it is a pretty new store and one that was renovated about a year ago.
I did get:
- Heart shaped pasta (half off)
- Journey to India Tandoori Barbecue flavored chips (I bought some a week ago and they are really good!) UPDATE: Reviewed here
- $4.99 dog coat on clearance. I think it was $9.99 around Christmas time. It looks like a puffer jacket and is lined!
- Super cheap eggs (they’d been around $1.29 but these were only 75¢)
- The milk seemed cheaper too but I haven’t bought any in a while.
- Lots of meat in case it snows (stew meat, ground beef, pork chops, a whole chicken)
- Plain yogurt to marinate the chicken in.
- The strawberries smelled great so I got a pound for $1.49.
- My favorite Cara Cara oranges were on sale for $2.39 for 3 lbs. I’ve seen them $1 an orange elsewhere recently.
- Carton of turkey gravy. I haven’t tried it before. I’ve had the Trader Joe’s version and it’s good in a pinch so I thought I’d try it.
Total: $53.42 for 19 items so an average of 2.81 per item. Not too shabby! I will probably pick up some more vegetables this week. I don’t feel like the unrefrigerated vegetables hold up as well so I didn’t want to stock up.