I really didn’t think I was going to get to Aldi this ad week but then I realized that after I left the Maryland Daffodil Society show I could alter my route home and swing by Aldi. It isn’t my preferred Aldi (cluttered, a little messy) but it is the Aldi always seems to have items way after they were Aldi Finds. Good thing I did! They had the rainboots I wanted last week. Not marked down but they had my size!I spent $71.65 for only 20 items (average of $3.59 per item). I did buy $27.15 worth of taxable (i.e. non-food) items so about $44 was actual food.
- A super cute beach themed birdhouse for $9.99. My one from last year held up well. Last year a bird laid eggs in it and then when they hatched it was tricky for them to get out of (small opening) so I think I might hold this one for a while and put it up after egg laying season.
- Snack foods: pita crackers, chips, goldfish. So much cheaper at Aldi even though two are regular brands and not Aldi generics.
- Another packet of Schinken ($2.49). I think I only bought one last time and it has a good expiration date. Even the local German deli doesn’t carry it.
- More bay scallops! Seasonal, $4.99. They really are one of my favorite Aldi products. Super affordable and they come in a resealable bag so you can just shake some out. Perfect for jazzing up soup, risotto or noodle dishes.
- Reusable towel for 79¢, we used to use something similar when I was a child. I like that they are washable, we’ll see how good they are in practice.
- $1.79 foldable grocery bag. Fun fruit print, I think I might leave it in my car to have handy for last minute stops.
- Cream cheese and sour cream for a cheesecake I want to make.
- We have a ton of rolls in the house so I bought ground beef. Pork is just to have on hand.
- The rainboots $12.99! Super cute and easy to slip on and off. I have to carry the dachshund down the steps in all weather. Normally I do it barefoot but of course, there are wet, slippery and icy days. Also, our yard will literally be underwater in parts after a rainstorm so this will be helpful when having to retrieve dogs or venture into the yard. I do have a couple pairs of tall rainboots and another shorter pair (I’m starting to think I have a problem) but I can’t slip them on and off easily and they take up too much room to keep them at the back door. UPDATE: Reviewed here.
This Aldi did not seem to have the hanging plant stakes or the hanging baskets. I’ll keep an eye out but I don’t think I would make a special trip there just for that.