Another day, another Aldi shop! I was just there on Sunday and I still have a ton of food but I hate going grocery shopping Thanksgiving week so I went in to get food for the rest of this week and all of next week. I spent $84.18.
This week’s ad had a lot of holiday baking and entertaining finds. I didn’t need too much in that area so I mostly stuck to the basics. I also shopped at a different Aldi than my usual again. It is out in Harford Co and doesn’t have a refrigerated produce section; although I hear it will be closed for a week for a remodel so I bet they are putting one in.
- Mini cucumbers are back! I haven’t seen them in a few weeks so I bought a pack ($1.89/lb) and some garlic hummus ($1.99) to dip them in.
- Christmas cactuses were marked down to $1.99. I bought 3: a pink, a purple and a red.
- Bought some baking chocolate ($1.49) which I haven’t seen in stock for a while. Always good to have on hand.
- Molasses is a seasonal item so I picked some up for $1.99.
- They had canned Great Northern beans which reminded me of Twin Peaks and were only 55¢ so why not? I don’t feel like my usual Aldi (which is much smaller) carries them.
- I bought a refrigerated pie crust for $1.39. I normally make my own but for $1.39, I figured it was worth a try.
- Another bag of bittersweet chips ($1.79) and a bag of butterscotch chips (same). I feel like the butterscotch ones will be either revolting or great. UPDATE: I reviewed the butterscotch chips here.
- Baking potatoes were $1.59 for 10 lbs so couldn’t resist that!
- Bought the silicone baking mat ($2.99) that was an Aldi find this week. Haven’t tried it yet but it looks nice and is the fraction of the cost of my French silpat. UPDATE: I reviewed the mat here.
- Celery was 69¢ so I bought two bunches. I think I might try this Victorian(?) celery dish I’ve read about as I already have at least a pound in the fridge.
- Bought “club” rolls for $2.29. Thought they might be fun for mini meatball sandwiches.
Nothing too exciting this week. I did try out the Aldi cart bag I bought a couple weeks ago–I’ll post about that tomorrow. Basically just some meat, some veg and odds and ends. Fingers crossed, I won’t have to go back to the stores until well after Thanksgiving.